Welcome to the Reid Family Blog!

We are going to be using this site mainly to keep you updated on Mitchell as he grows! We will also give other info about what's going on in the Reid household. This is an easy way for you to keep up with our daily and weekly events as well as watch Mitchell change and grow!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

4 months and counting!



I can't believe a month has already flown by since my last post! As you can probably tell, we've been pretty busy this past month. I have started going back to work so it has been an adjustment at home. Mitchell is really enjoying his babysitter and loves being around the other kids during the day. I miss him so much, but I can honestly say it feels good to be back to work.

The transition from Hendron to Sharpe has been fairly easy, although I do still miss my HLOE friends. My new job has already taught me so much more about the world of education and it really has me wanting to dive in and challenge myself with learning new teaching strategies. I know that I made a great decision to take this new job and I feel good about what's in store for me in the future.

Brad continues to remodel the duplex that we own and he hopes to have it finished by November. It looks wonderful and I continue to be impressed by what he can do. We'll definitely post some before and after pictures when it is complete.

But enough about us and on to Mitchell...

Mitchell has grown so much over the past month. He now weighs almost 17 pounds and is close to 26 inches long! We will be going for his 4 month appointment in about a week and we're hoping that our doctor will let us put him on solid foods soon. He can now roll over from his stomach to his back. We were very excited when he started doing this on the day he turned 4 months old. He has also started noticing himself and us in the mirror. He gets a big grin on his face when we hold him in front of the mirror and he sees us! Mitchell has also figured out that he can successfully reach and grab things that he wants. Right now, he is fighting congestion and we are giving him breathing treatments three times a day. When we are giving him these treatments, he is constantly reaching for the tubes to pull them out of his way! Mitchell continues to sleep through the night and has made it very easy to transition back to work. He is easy to get dressed and fed in the morning and is usually very happy to do so.

We will try to post more often, it has just been kind of crazy this past month with all of us coming and going in different directions!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends!

Friends!
This was Mitchell's first visit with his new friends! Will Zuber and Evylee & Kenzlee Terry are going to be Mitchell's buddies...when he's old enough to sit up and play!

The Bumbo Seat!

The Bumbo Seat!
We have discovered that Mitchell loves sitting up and seeing the world from a "big boy" point of view. His new Bumbo seat has quickly become one of his favorite things to do. He loves watching and listening to us talk to him while he's sitting up just like us!


Mitchell's in deep thought about something...